Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bryce's First Written Narration


Bryce is currently reading Boy of the Pyramids by Ruth Fosdick Jones. This is a mystery of Ancient Egypt. As he has read throught the book we have been working hard on him narrating 3 to 5 complete sentences at the end of each chapter. On Friday, I was not going to be home during quiet time and he was afraid he wouldn't remember the details when I got home. So as a compromise I told him to write 3 to 5 sentences like he had been telling me for the other chapters, not copying them directly from the book. In all honestly, I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly not what I got. Here is Bryce's narration for Chapter 7 The Green Stone.

After Socaris, Kaffe, and Sari ate lunch. Socaris went to tell someone to get the rock choice for making to silver rings. While Socaris was chosing the rock or rocks Kaffe and Sari explored. Whoops rocks tumbled. Sari picked up them. When she thought they were all picked up she found a treasure of the father of Pharoah Khufu. Socaris and the children went to show Pharoah Khufu.

I did correct the spelling and added some punctution. I am very impressed that he was able to do this and now I hope to help him continue to work on his narration skills so writing becomes easier and easier for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment